Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hospital

We went to the ER yesterday evening, because Mallorie was having another night like 2nights before that, only this time the breathing treatments, etc, weren't easing up her breathing situation. We stayed the night in the ER, where nurse Kristen got a great scalp IV again (only one attempt needed), and medications and treatments were able to be given. She tested positive for RSV infection, and pneumonia again, as well.

So we are back in the hospital for now, and would appreciate your prayers that our little one returns quickly to full health. She is SO much better today than she was last evening.

And I was awake all last night, and only got to "doze" for about 1 hour (between 6 am and 7 am), and had some work to do today (for my job), so there was no catching up by a nap today. I expect I will not have trouble sleeping tonight!! Trouble waking up for feedings, maybe, but not sleeping! :)

6 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

I am so sorry that Mallorie is sick again and I will be praying for the both of you Connie. She has the same thing that put Stellan in the hospital. Praying for both of these precious babies to be well quickly. I hope you have a good nights sleep too. I love you girl and pray you're home soon.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Tamara said...

Oh, no! And here I was wondering if she'd gotten her Synagis yesterday! I guess not, huh? Do you think the extra antibodies would help, if she already has it? I'll be praying for her, and the family. I'm sending you a seperate e-mail, as well.

Tamara

Finding Normal said...

Many hugs and prayers. As for the feedings--if you're still in the hospital, let the nurse do it! I know, you feel like you should because you're there, but you really don't have to!

Anonymous said...

Very glad to read she is better at the end of your post. She is the 3rd 'blog-baby' with RSV in a hosp that I am praying for this week. Good medical care, by the hands of God. Barbara

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh no, poor Mallorie! I am so sorry to hear that she's back in the hospital. I hope the icky RSV goes away soon so you guys can get back home!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Sweetie,

I am just checking in this afternoon to see how Miss Mallorie is doing. I am praying for her and you too. I hate RSV and how harmful it is to our special little ones. Praying for all of you Connie. I hope you are getting rest. I love you.

Love and Hugs, Laurie