Monday, November 3, 2008

Not Me Monday


Go to www.mycharmingkids.net to join in.

I recently learned about this therapeutic way to share each Monday about your previous week, so that you can move on into a new week, completely purged of whatever you wish to leave behind. Here goes.

Since Mallorie has not yet had her swallow study, I most certainly did NOT on Sunday let her taste a little bit of Gerber Turkey, Rice, and Garden Vegetables Dinner with her (gasp) mouth.

I did not and would never let the other kids see me do anything like this, either.

I also did not have Hannah participate by letting her puree the Stage 3 food in the Magic Bullet until it was a nice, thin consistency.

And, of course, I did not grin deliriously smile the rest of the day, knowing that turkey means she might be "tasting" Thanksgiving dinner, um, breast milk, in a few short weeks. If she is still in the mood, that is.

I would never have done any of these things, because I actually have to look her pediatrician in the eye one of these days on the 18th.

Oh, and Jessica, I absolutely, positively, NEVER put any of the leftover puree into her g-tube, because you, and Alex's GI, nutritionist, and speech therapist, (and Mallorie's Spina Bifida doc and the dietritician she brought in to speak with me) all recommend that you don't put food down the g-tube! And so that would be just wrong.

Maybe even almost as wrong as feeding her by mouth pre-swallow study.





And that is not Turkey-Rice-GardenVeggie puree on her sweet post-surgery face. :)

Jacob told me this evening, Mommy, I miss the Mallorie with the cleft lip and palate. So I guess I can admit that I do, too.

12 comments:

Anxious AF said...

Love it! Love you, Love Mallorie!

Anxious AF said...

Love it! Love you, Love Mallorie!

Anonymous said...

nice try, but that doesn't make me crazy at all! If you want to feed Mallorie, feed her! It's about time!

Dr B

today is the present said...

I'm laughing so hard here! Is that really your doctor posting on your blog, talk about busted!!!

Laurie in Ca. said...

I just love this Connie. And Dr. B really cracks me up!:) You guys have such an amazing understanding of eachother. Mallorie has healed so beautifully from what I can see, and it looks like she's loving her food!!
And bless Jacobs heart and yours for missing her cleft lip and palate. But I know she is going to blow you all away at the things she is able to accomplish with this new beautiful mouth of hers. What girl doesn't like to eat real food and taste it too?:) I love you girl and am praying for continued healing for Mallorie. She's so cute.

Love and Hugs, Laurie in Ca.

Kenzie said...

So awesome that she is able to get little "tastes" here and there... oh my goodness, Dr. B posting is great!

That precious little face is adorable and sweet Jacob loving her just as she was... as we all do, either way.

Love you!
Kenzie

Finding Normal said...

Gorgeous picture! Hooray for breaking the rules for feedings--we did that a lot, and OT told us that's the only way she's seen kids actually move forward in the feeding dept.

Lesley said...

What do they Know anyway right????...It's the little wins in life...like taste of Turkey....looks like she loved it...

Lesley said...

Thank you for your amazing comments...you know...we fret and fret about things...and when the day is done...we are just happy to have them here...be it anyway they are....Miss Mallorie has a HUGE reason for being here...and I know she'll do amazing things...

Lesley said...

Oh and I completely forgot...I love your blog too...so I tagged you as one of my faves...come check out my post about it...

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Connie,
I just love the pictures!! You are such an inspiration and such a great Mommy. I love that your Dr. posted - that's really something. Mallorie really is something. She just makes me smile:)
love you Connie,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Connie she is beautiful!